What is CityServe:
CityServe is designed to mobilize the people of Willamette to serve our community. Willamette desires to be a people that blesses our city. We know Jesus cares about the people in Lane County and so do we. We believe that when we serve others in practical ways we are demonstrating Gods love to the world around us.
There are many ways to serve from doing yard work at the local high school at our Project Hope Serve Day to passing out water at the Eugene Marathon water stop.
Events/Areas to Get Involved:
Here is a list of some of the events and ways you can get involved:
- Eugene Marathon Water Stop [April]: Help pass out water to runners at the water stop or serve as a course marshal by directing both runners and traffic on race day.
- Foster Family Fun Day and Foster Parent Appreciation Month [May]: Serve at the Foster Family Fun Day by hosting a game or manning the bounce house, create a gift basket for a foster family, or make cookies or write a card to say thank you to a foster family in our community.
- Royal Family Kids Camp and Club [July/School Year Club]: Royal Family Kids serve children between 7-11 years old in the foster care system. You can serve for one day at registration, birthday party or clean up, serve for the week as a camp counselor or staff or serve through the year as a mentor or club staff. There are too many ways to get involved to list. If you have a heart to serve kids in need in our community let me know and we will find a place for you.
- Project Hope Serve Day [August]: Help get Churchill High School ready for the new School year. We need help washing windows, weeding, power washing, painting and other thing around campus to help create a great environment for students and staff to start the year.
- Project Hope Giveaway [August]: Support a child get feel great about starting school with a new shoes and backpack full of school supplies. We need help passing out backpacks, shoes, and socks. We desire to create a fun environment for kids with games and inflatables. We also provide kids with haircuts by professional hairstylists and barbers (if you or someone you know is a hairstylist or barber and would be interested please let us know. We are always in need!)
- Trunk or Treat [October]: Help create a safe and fun place for families to come on Halloween. Decorate your car and help pass out candy. It’s a great way to show the families in our neighborhood we care about them.
- Holiday Meal Box Delivery [November & December]: Donate to and help deliver Holiday Meal Boxes to families in need. We deliver boxes both for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Every Child Christmas Party [December]: Help make a child in foster care’s Christmas with their biological families special. DHS puts on a Christmas Party that serves as the supervised visit for children in foster care and their biological families for the holidays. Serve by manning the bounce house, hosting a craft or game table or purchasing a gift for a child.
- Other needs as they arise: there are other areas to serve that pop up throughout the year. As needs arise we will communicate ways you can get involved.
How to get involved:
If you are interested in learning more or going the CityServe group email Alana Moyer.
Once a part of the group you will get email updates with upcoming events and ways to serve.